Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 279 of 978 < 1 2 ... 277 278 279 280 281 ... 977 978 >
Topic Options
#20082 - 11/08/10 10:13 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
DVD:
I started watching Corpse Princess. I'm two episodes in, and rather unimpressed, so far. I hope it picks up.

It picks up near the end of the first half. The second half/set is were it gets really interesting.

Advertisement
#20084 - 11/08/10 11:30 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Good.

My initial impression is that the "Princess" doesn't seem to be very good at her job. During battle, she talks too much when she should be shooting (as per Tuco's advice in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly), and she often has to come back a second time to finish the job, because she gets re-killed a lot. lol Also, I still can't figure out why she's using such a horrible choice of weapons, or why her cohorts don't get her a suitable change of clothes. The animation is a bit low-end, but I could overlook that if other things were up to par. I'll be patient and give it a chance.

Granted, I just got through watching that soldier girl in Appleseed do her thing, and she's a tough act to follow, but killing zombies really isn't that difficult.

#20092 - 11/08/10 05:41 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I was watching the first volume of Area 88. Of course since it is the only volume I currently have, this is also technically finished.

Anyhow, it is an interesting show. Not quite as into planes as 801 TTS Airbats was (there was a lot of talking about engines & manuvers). It is a bit more focused on the characters.

I might pick up the rest of it. BTW this is a kind of odd DVD release since it only has 3 episodes on the first volume. Usually there are at least 4 episodes on the first volume, then the middle (or last) volumes had less.

#20094 - 11/08/10 06:34 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: EricDent
BTW this is a kind of odd DVD release since it only has 3 episodes on the first volume. Usually there are at least 4 episodes on the first volume, then the middle (or last) volumes had less.

Not too odd to have that many eps on the first disc. Several other series have it like that for a 12 ep series (or four eps on three discs). For this series there are four discs with three eps each.

#20102 - 11/09/10 06:42 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

I am watching Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan i am through the first disc i love this show.
Am i the only person that wished people actually had halos on there head so you could take them off and give them diarrhea.

My friends would hate me for sure if that were the case.

#20115 - 11/09/10 04:15 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: manga4micah
I am watching Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan i am through the first disc i love this show.
Am i the only person that wished people actually had halos on there head so you could take them off and give them diarrhea.

That would be funny if people did. When your boss got on your nerves you could always sneak up from behind and grab it (with gloves)and run.... grin

#20126 - 11/10/10 09:15 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna-a fairly funny under appreciated ova from years past.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#20133 - 11/10/10 11:05 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
Really? I couldn't get through the first ep. It was one of the few anime that i was actually bored to tears with.

#20135 - 11/10/10 11:09 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: stargates
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Really? I couldn't get through the first ep. It was one of the few anime that i was actually bored to tears with.

I couldn't get it either. It is considered a classic anime, but I found it quite irritating.

#20136 - 11/10/10 11:17 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I'm currently watching Gunslinger Girl season 2. I entered the show with very low expectations (lots of negative press) and it's paying off. It's much better than what I thought it would be, but it's nowhere close to the execution of the first season.

On a side note, I finished watching Ghost Hunt over the weekend. This title was a real treat for me. Not only was the concept original, but I was really amazed with the details in this show. This is one of the rare shows where the characters' clothes change each day that passes by, expect for Naru and Lin who are always in business attire.

Edited by joelgundam01 (11/10/10 11:18 AM)

Page 279 of 978 < 1 2 ... 277 278 279 280 281 ... 977 978 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.