?
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#18243 - 07/14/10 10:27 AM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Gevin
I wish Right Stuf store's shopping bag would keep items for more than a given day! Sometimes I shop for items and I'll want to maybe push off actually ordering them until I'm completely ready & am not still perhaps going to toss more atop the same s/h charge.

So, the "save for later" option doesn't work for your purposes? I've kept things in there for months at a time.

Advertisement
#18245 - 07/14/10 11:13 AM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Stefanie]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I wish Right Stuf store's shopping bag would keep items for more than a given day! Sometimes I shop for items and I'll want to maybe push off actually ordering them until I'm completely ready & am not still perhaps going to toss more atop the same s/h charge.

So, the "save for later" option doesn't work for your purposes? I've kept things in there for months at a time.

Same here. I use the save for later option all the time and haven't had any problems.

#18246 - 07/14/10 11:25 AM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: stargates]
baldylox Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Johns Island SC
Heck, my shopping cart *IS* the "Save for later" list. smile I always go to it first to see what I have saved there and I make orders from that list first. Then I'll go dig around the bargain bin or weekly specials areas to finalize the list before I order. That "Save for later" list is about the best way to keep track of stuff I like and so far, I have had it save items for well over 3 months before with no deletions.

Billy

#18248 - 07/14/10 11:38 AM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: baldylox]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
to be 100% honest, I never bothered to click that button.
..In fact I had to revisit the store just to see what y'all were referring to.

I suppose that this does indeed serve my purposes..

#18249 - 07/14/10 11:51 AM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

That's pretty funny. grin

#18250 - 07/14/10 12:17 PM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Gevin]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY

Like others said, that's what the "save for later" section in you cart is for. The reason why the carts time out is because of the counters. When you put an item in your cart, it removes the item from the actual inventory/stock. When the cart times out, the item goes back into the inventory.

Note: The "save for later" section is Right Stuf's version of a wish list. Putting an item in there doesn't remove the item from the inventory.

This will be most noticeable on Bargain Bin items that contain counters. Put one of those items in your cart and the counter goes down by one. Remove the item out of your cart and the item goes back up by one.

Quote:
I also wish that it were easy to look at all incomplete /unavailable /preorder separate orders in a fashion that would allow one to combine and adjust orders with ease.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the online order status? Just click on the "archive order" button on the "shipped complete" orders. This will hide them and all you will have left in view is the open orders. If you want to see any of those complete orders again, simply click on the "view all your orders" link.

Edited by joelgundam01 (07/14/10 12:22 PM)

#18251 - 07/14/10 12:58 PM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: joelgundam01]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

oh, I play with that section all the time to remind myself of what orders I have already made/etc.

I just wish that I could edit orders with simple drag/drop or "check mark /check mark/ combine items into single order". As opposed to sending written requests to customer service.

As previously stated, often I'll preorder months in advance, only to make more preorders weeks later, then place another order much closer to release date, & by the end I'll have about 3 separate packages all being sent for the same time frame.
.. Or worse, one of my orders will be broken into two deliveries (as opposed to 3 or more) & due to the specific release dates I'll receive 1 weeks to a month post actual release date due to the fact that a week prior I had been sent one of my other packages & the order is being withheld so that it may be sent along with my final product. .... All the while this is occuring with the order placed on #-#-## date, had I been able to swap items with the order I had placed on a different date, I could have arranged the release item dates together in such a way that nothing (or much less) is being withheld for later shipping.

#18252 - 07/14/10 12:59 PM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Gevin]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I must sound like an absolute mess.
... Or at the very least as if though I am ordering too much, haha.

#18253 - 07/14/10 02:48 PM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

There's no such thing as ordering too much anime, as long as the money is there. And we all think about that stuff when we're shopping (at least I do).

I just wish that I could edit orders with simple drag/drop or "check mark /check mark/ combine items into single order". As opposed to sending written requests to customer service.

If that feature were available, customers would be making adjusrments to their orders every hour. lol

...I could have arranged the release item dates together in such a way that nothing (or much less) is being withheld for later shipping.

In theory, that makes sense, but in practice, I suppose it varies from customer to customer as to how useful that would actually be. In my case, I have so many stacks o' stuff that haven't yet been watched or read, that it's extremely rare for me to care when my anime orders arrive (within reason). But, that's just me.

#18255 - 07/14/10 04:18 PM Re: Anime on your "To Buy" list [Re: Stefanie]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

It depends on the anime in question for me. I mean, yeah, generally I like to receive everything ASAP, but it's only really critical with certain items.

Like when I was purchasing every individual volume of Death Note. I'd easily cram the entire disk into a night's viewing. But, yeah, I suppose that there are plenty of other series that I haven't seen episode 1 of. Yu Yu Hakusho, for instance, I have 4 collection sets and have only seen .. less than 15 episodes, I imagine.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.