Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 209 of 941 < 1 2 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 940 941 >
Topic Options
#14945 - 01/13/10 09:46 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: xia]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Watched the YUA movie last night. Been awhile since i've seen it and still enjoyed it even tho it was a little more on the serious side for the series.

Advertisement
#14961 - 01/13/10 03:11 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: xia]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Originally Posted By: xia
I've been making my way through Air and just finished yesterday. For a series I was luke warm about in the beggining, it sure made me change my opinions. I burned through the last two disks like my life was dependent on it.

Very awesome show, although the ending confused the heck out of me.

Currently two episodes into Mushi-Shi. Very very intrigued.

Mushi-Shi was a bit of a head trip for me some of those episodes were odd. I liked it smile

The episode were the little girl had no eyeballs was just cool as can be.

#14963 - 01/13/10 03:27 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: manga4micah
Originally Posted By: xia
Currently two episodes into Mushi-Shi. Very very intrigued.

Mushi-Shi was a bit of a head trip for me some of those episodes were odd. I liked it smile

The episode were the little girl had no eyeballs was just cool as can be.

Mushi-shi was definitely a unique title and very recommended in my book. smile

#14973 - 01/14/10 09:26 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Finished Megazone 23 and started two different series yestereday. Got 5 ep.s into Chance Pop Session and 2 ep's into Master Keaton. Keaton is a cross between Indiana Jones and MacGyver.
I tend to watch two or more series at the same time and bounce back and forth between them.
If I forgot to post earlier, we finished Ghost Hunt. It was a very enjoyable series that got more serious with the supernatural as it went. The next to last story arc was very creepy.

#14975 - 01/14/10 10:17 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Got 5 ep.s into Chance Pop Session and 2 ep's into Master Keaton. Keaton is a cross between Indiana Jones and MacGyver.

I love that series! On the surface you'd think, "How can a 39-episode anime series from the late 1990s about an insurance claims adjuster be entertaining?", but the storytelling in each episode in incredible. Even though the series is episodic, it's very easy to marathon or to watch an isolated episode here-and-there. While it's geared toward an adult audience, it's perfectly safe for kids to watch, too. I can't say enough good things about Master Keaton, and I wish there were more series like it.

#14982 - 01/14/10 02:02 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I've been watching some one-shot anime like Cyber city Oedo and Silent Mobius the movie pts 1&2. Cyber city was pretty good; I'd recomend for any one who likes gritty, grisly cyber punk noir from the late 80's-early 90's. And as for Silent Mobius, all I have to say is the movies are WAY better than the Tv series, I'm glad I saw the tv series first though cause the one fault of the movie is that it doesn't give much background on the characters. Overall I can see why it gained such following in the early 90's.

Also just saw the first half of Gundam 0080:War in the pocket.
Not bad, Alfred's a bit annoying but in an understandble way. Still trying to watch Save me lollipop. Probably will finish over the weekend. smile

#14995 - 01/14/10 11:06 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
AnimeHunterD Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: South Dakota
I'm also watching FMP right now as well, for the umteen time...the 2nd disc is ok for me i like the others plenty. Also Fumoffu and TSR are as good or better than the original.

#14996 - 01/14/10 11:15 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: AnimeHunterD]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
I just finished My Hime and just started Cromartie High.

I was hooked on the former years ago when a sample episode on a NewType disk included a girl cleaving in half a ferry boat with a sword. Only now did I finally pull it out to watch.

The latter show is more miss than hit. I'm usually a fan of off-kilter humor but Cromartie sometimes comes off as trying to hard...or not trying hard enough, I can't really decide.

#15003 - 01/15/10 06:40 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: AnimeHunterD]
manga4micah Offline

This week i watched...

Shingu Secret of the Stellar Wars= It was pretty good i like how they made the world in 2070 look like it could possibly happen instead of having all the mechs and futuristic weapons like most animes have.
My Favorite Character was Harumi she was shy but could beat you into the ground with ease.

Tenjho Tenge=I liked it for the most part the only complaint i have is the cliff hanger ending i was really looking forward to that tournament they went on about for the last half of the show but no it just ended with no real resolution to anything.

To Heart=I think i would of like this show alot better if i were a preteen girl lol. But it was ok i guess it was your basic school drama/comedy.
I did laugh pretty good at the Mini Episodes on the bonus features the one were they went fishing was great "FISHO"

Tweeny Witch's=Once again i probably would of like this alot more if i were a preteen girl.It was alright i guess i liked the OVA's more than the actually show they just seemed to be more fun and interesting to me.

Well that's what i watched this week.

#15004 - 01/15/10 06:43 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Tsunami3k]
manga4micah Offline

Originally Posted By: Tsunami3k
I just finished My Hime and just started Cromartie High.

I was hooked on the former years ago when a sample episode on a NewType disk included a girl cleaving in half a ferry boat with a sword. Only now did I finally pull it out to watch.

The latter show is more miss than hit. I'm usually a fan of off-kilter humor but Cromartie sometimes comes off as trying to hard...or not trying hard enough, I can't really decide.

Did you pick up My-Otome as well its sorta a sequel/follow up of My-Hime and if you liked one chances are you will like the other.

My favorite character from My-Hime was umm Mikoto i think was her name the cat/animal like girl she was pretty funny.

I haven't seen Cromartie High yet.

Page 209 of 941 < 1 2 ... 207 208 209 210 211 ... 940 941 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.