Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 648 1 2 3 ... 647 648 >
Topic Options
#14776 - 01/02/10 10:56 PM What was the last anime that you completed?
Baby Naruto Offline
UPSF Ensign

The point of this thread is simple, list what anime you have recently completed, rate it (1-5 or 1-10), and give (it) a review.

I'll go first smile.

1.) Case Closed Movie 3: The Last Wizard of the Century (FUNimation Entertainment's Uncut and Unedited English Dub) - 9/10.

Awesome Movie, since Kaito Kid was in it smile.

2.) Case Closed Movie 4: Captured in Her Eyes (FUNimation Entertainment's Uncut and Unedited English Dub) - 9/10.

So romantic and nostalgic, I was so sad when it ended frown.

Advertisement
#14780 - 01/02/10 11:36 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
If I even got started I'd be typing for the next 12 days-nonstop.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#14781 - 01/03/10 12:27 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: zrdb]
Baby Naruto Offline
UPSF Ensign

All you have to do is list the most recent anime series/movie/OVA w/e that you completed.

That's 1 entry, lol. You can do 2+, but NOT necessary.

#14782 - 01/03/10 11:08 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Welcome to the NHK - 9/10

A really unique series, but it starts off a little rough. However, after the eighth episode it really starts to pick up and the last couple of episode were really good.

Edited by joelgundam01 (01/03/10 11:09 AM)

#14792 - 01/04/10 01:47 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Moribito Guardian of the Spirit.
Clannad s1

#14794 - 01/04/10 01:52 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: stargates]
DemonXSoultaker Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Netherworld
Orphen seasons 1 and 2 season 1 was good all the way, season 2 was good but slow till like ep.20 haha.

#14798 - 01/04/10 03:41 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: DemonXSoultaker]
zentropa Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: Minneapolis
Kyo Kara Maoh. 7.25/10.

Kind of goofy with a lot of medieval-type themes as well as homosexual references. It's rather unique in that it kind of spoofs harem/bishonen series with the "completely ordinary" protagonist who ends up over-coming obstacles by being a good guy. I would put it in the category of being somewhat of a parody of Fushigi Yugi but it's a pretty entertaining series with a neatly tied off ending (that does leave potential for sequels, as I know season 3 hasn't been licensed yet). A pretty long series at 78 episodes on 18 DVD's.

#14806 - 01/05/10 02:59 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: zentropa]
samuraisgt Offline

Loc: Jacksonville,IL,US
Inuyasha was my last series that I completed.

#14818 - 01/06/10 07:12 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: samuraisgt]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Finished Air Gear a bit ago. An excellent lesson on how animators can stretch their time and money to good effect. The key scenes are quite nice, the middling scenes are marginally less animated but still crisp and the lesser scenes are very cheaply done (and look it). While the quality can fluctuate wildly, I can't say I disagree with any of their budgetary decisions.

There were numerous soft spots in the plot and the anime doesn't finish its prescribed storyline but it pulls off a sort of genuine energy that is the lifeblood of a shonen anime. It's also immensely helpful that the lead, while often indulging in a few arrogant moments, is actually a good guy.

I love character growth stories and Air Gear was no disappointment. Not only do the main characters grow into the standard shonen mold, so too do nearly all of the side characters. Each one gets a little time in the spotlight. Despite how little actual screen time they get, their side-stories never seem rushed.

Not perfect but definitely better than the sum of its parts and a fun watch when you're in the mood for a no-brainer.

#14822 - 01/07/10 01:49 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Tsunami3k]
JuggaSiC Offline

Loc: DE, USA
I've been slackin, but my most recent finished anime(vol 1 anyways) was Dojin Work. I feel a bit stupid for not knowing it was subtitle only, but it was still surprisingly very good. Laid back, nonstop laughter.

Page 1 of 648 1 2 3 ... 647 648 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.