Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 328 of 600 < 1 2 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 599 600 >
Topic Options
#48558 - 02/20/13 08:56 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Tenchi Muyo! OVA Series 1 (Eps 1-7)

Took me a while to actually sit down & watch this, had it for about 2 months now. Very good show, bad dub though. The voices fit the characters, but the acting is pretty bad, plus it seems like 90% of the translated lines don't fit the mouth flaps, it's kind of annoying. I'll more than likely end up keeping this since i only paid $10 for it & i feel i got my money's worth already, & i still have 8-13 to watch!

Overall: 7 out of 10

Advertisement
#48562 - 02/20/13 12:24 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
Finished Sekirei Pure Engagement and it left me wanting more. I can't wait for the 3rd season.

Hopefully one is in development. Sekirei Pure Engagement did really well in Japan, but it's going to be a pain to fill in some of the plot holes. The last few episodes completely derailed from the manga.

#48564 - 02/20/13 12:30 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: KyleMills]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: KyleMills
Wow, the anime didn't even cover HALF of the manga?

1.) The anime bombed in Japan. Episode 1 was to blame. That dramatic court scene really ticked off the fans of the manga.

2.) The manga was put on a 1 year hiatus and just started back up a few weeks ago. The writer was on maternity leave.

3.) Where the anime ended was a really good stopping point. If they went any further, you would be stuck with a nasty cliffhanger.

#48565 - 02/20/13 12:58 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Finished Sekirei Pure Engagement and it left me wanting more. I can't wait for the 3rd season.

Hopefully one is in development. Sekirei Pure Engagement did really well in Japan, but it's going to be a pain to fill in some of the plot holes. The last few episodes completely derailed from the manga.

What all did they change?

#48567 - 02/20/13 02:04 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

What all did they change?

I'll put it in a spoiler.

Click to reveal..
1.) Higa is the main villain and holds both Yukari (Minato's sister) and Chiho (Uzumi's Ashikabi) hostage. Yukari was captured about the time Kazehana joined. Minato still doesn't know that Yukari is an Ashikabi and doesn't know that she has been captured. As a result, Shiina is Higa's new pawn.

Higa has started a war with Minaka and he's well aware that Minato and Yukari are his children.

In the anime, they made Higa like a saint.

2.) Minaka makes a deal with Minato that he will emit Chiho into the MBI hospital, if he can break her out of Higa's hospital. The infiltration took place at Higa's hospital and not at MBI headquarters.

Minato remains at Izumo Inn, while he sends Matsu, Musubi, Kusano and Tsukiumi to infiltrate the hospital. Kazehana and Homura stay with Minato, while Miya visits her husband's grave.

At the same time, Higa (knowing Miya's schedule) sends Uzumi and two other Sekirei to attack the Minato. Uzumi learns of Minato's plan and plays along with it. However, the other two Sekirei were ordered to kill Minato. Uzumi sacrifices her life to save him.

Kazahana and Homura eliminate the other two Sekirei. Matsu and the others were successful in rescuing Chiho and got her to the MBI hospital. They returned home and learned what happen.

Yukari was also able escape with Shiina during all of the commotion.

Around that time, Miya returns home and learns what happened. Miya decides it was time for Minato and the others to know the truth and reveals everything.

4.) Chiho is not cured at the end. The illness she has is a new disease that only affects Ashikabi. MBI has her in stable condition and are creating a cure with their technology, but it's going to take some time.

5.) The stipulation that any Sekirei that hasn't won a battle will be removed from the game doesn't exist in the manga.

6.) Sanada's (Ashikabi of the West) introduction was heavily changed. He's introduced via a battle with Sato. In the end, they become good friends. Sanada teams up with Minato to deal with the Ashikabi of the East and South who have joined forces.

7.) There are several other small changes (such as how Kazehana got winged by Minato), but the ones above are the major ones.

Edited by joelgundam01 (02/20/13 02:21 PM)

#48573 - 02/20/13 03:12 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Battle Girls Time Paradox

It was a great self contained little story with a nice ending. It gave closure, but left a little window open for a second season.

#48578 - 02/20/13 03:50 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: joelgundam01]
KyleMills Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Wow, the anime didn't even cover HALF of the manga?

1.) The anime bombed in Japan. Episode 1 was to blame. That dramatic court scene really ticked off the fans of the manga.

2.) The manga was put on a 1 year hiatus and just started back up a few weeks ago. The writer was on maternity leave.

3.) Where the anime ended was a really good stopping point. If they went any further, you would be stuck with a nasty cliffhanger.

Thanks for the info, didn't look to much into it, so i appreciate it. If you wouldn't mind, what's the cliffhanger?

#48597 - 02/20/13 07:27 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: KyleMills]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Thanks for the info, didn't look to much into it, so i appreciate it. If you wouldn't mind, what's the cliffhanger?

It's note just one cliffhanger. There were many plot devices that they intentionally left hanging, when they put the manga on hiatus.

#48614 - 02/21/13 12:48 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Stefanie]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
The movie (they only released the second in Japan very recently) is a very condensed version of the show.
It does show some major points (like how Guts joined), and mostly focused on the action.
Though it does use some very obvious CGI in places.

I am still mulling over if I want to keep the movie.
It's good if you know the story, but if you don't you could be lost pretty quick.
I would guess the next movie will have at least until the infamous cliffhanger.
Then the rest will cover the rest of what he wrote.
Hopefully by then he will get them off the boat...

Anyhow enough about Berserk.

I finished Dai Guard, and even though it kinda has an open end it has a satisfying ending.
Now it's one of my personal favorite mechs shows.
It fits in so nicely with all the war themed ones, cause it's kinda anti-war.

As for the earlier comments about Tenchi Muyo.
The series isn't about the technical aspects of early dubbing (remember this is one of the early dubs), it's about attractive girls causing problems for a normal guy.

Plus IMO the Universe version is where they really start to shine as a team of talented actors/actresses.

Though it does get a bit better in the 2nd half of the OVAs.
Just remember that OVA 3 (AKA Ryo-Ohki) is supposed to be part of it as well.

Is that the Funimation version?
If so, did they fix the chapter stops to not skip the after credits parts?
Especially the one after the very last episode...cause that helps set up the 3rd OVA.
I missed that part several times until somebody mentioned it.

#48621 - 02/21/13 09:05 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
You've perked my curiosity in Dai Guard.

Regarding chapter stops; I've always had a habit of checking how they behave with the first couple of episodes of an anime. Watch an episode, fast forward through the ED, Credits, possible post-Credits material, next Preview, next OP, and into the very beginning of the next episode. Then I'll backtrack, and check the "skip feature" to see if there are chapter stops at all of the aforementioned sections. As you previously stated, not all DVD's have chapter stops at all of said sections. If anyone ever notices the phrase "Watch The Credits" at the end of one of kiku's posts, that is one of the reasons. Others would include cool stuff happening during and/or after the Credits. Like EricDent said, we don't want to miss a single drop of our beloved anime. I love anime!

Page 328 of 600 < 1 2 ... 326 327 328 329 330 ... 599 600 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.