Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 317 of 600 < 1 2 ... 315 316 317 318 319 ... 599 600 >
Topic Options
#47631 - 01/28/13 09:46 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Just finished a rewatch of an interesting little ova-Tristia Of The Deep Blue Sea.

Hmmm..... Sounds intresting, so I just ordered it ! grin

Advertisement
#47633 - 01/28/13 09:57 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA series

I'm pretty bummed I'm finished with this series, it was a ton of fun. Wish there were more(The follow up with Tylor & Yuriko getting married was never made) however I'm satisfied with the ending. I enjoyed the approach of the OVA series, taking a bit of the focus off of Tylor & putting it on his crew & other supporting charcters of the original series. I don't think the OVA series was as good as the TV series, but it is still a great watch. I highly recommend The Irresponsible Captain Tylor to everyone!

Overall = 8.5 out of 10

#47639 - 01/29/13 02:22 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: KyleMills]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Originally Posted By: KyleMills

I'm pretty bummed I'm finished with this series, it was a ton of fun. Wish there were more(The follow up with Tylor & Yuriko getting married was never made) however I'm satisfied with the ending. I enjoyed the approach of the OVA series, taking a bit of the focus off of Tylor & putting it on his crew & other supporting charcters of the original series. I don't think the OVA series was as good as the TV series, but it is still a great watch. I highly recommend The Irresponsible Captain Tylor to everyone!

Overall = 8.5 out of 10

Im thinking about pickIng up the ova and tv series. Gona spend around 400 on anime and this series definately looks good plus gets a lot of praise on this board

#47640 - 01/29/13 02:33 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Animejr]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Animejr
Originally Posted By: KyleMills

Overall = 8.5 out of 10

Im thinking about pickIng up the ova and tv series. Gona spend around 400 on anime and this series definately looks good plus gets a lot of praise on this board

It's a really fun, quality show, plus if you like Crispin Freeman, this is one of his 1st starring roles. If you do, you should spend the extra couple bucks on the limited edition box sets, they come with a ton more extras, each box comes with a soundtrack, a Tylor novel, a 60 page artbook/info book which has interviews with the creators/staff, the tv series has 2 discs of extras & the OVA's has 1 as well. I only paid like $5 more than i would have on the regular box sets, which have none of the above that i mentioned.

#47657 - 01/29/13 01:12 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Are the Limited Editions of Tylor even available anymore?
When I looked, all that Right Stuff had was the recent releases.

I still need to grab the OVAs one of these days as well.

#47658 - 01/29/13 01:39 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Are the Limited Editions of Tylor even available anymore?
When I looked, all that Right Stuff had was the recent releases.

I still need to grab the OVAs one of these days as well.

I found the LE box sets on Amazon, they're not to expensive, Ebay has them as well.

#47676 - 01/30/13 03:39 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Just finished up Chaos; Head. I really liked it, but I'm going to have to rewatch it now that I know a lot of the stuff going on. I'll be able to understand the story better and it'll be fun to try to pick out what's real and what's not.

Edited by kakashi12210 (01/30/13 03:40 AM)

#47679 - 01/30/13 11:55 AM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: kakashi12210]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kakashi12210
Just finished up Chaos; Head. I really liked it, but I'm going to have to rewatch it now that I know a lot of the stuff going on. I'll be able to understand the story better and it'll be fun to try to pick out what's real and what's not.

Finally! Another person besides myself that actually liked the showed. It indeed made much more sense watching it the second time around.

Click to reveal..
The show had a Medal Gear Solid vibe to it with the main character (Takumi) being a clone of sorts. The only difference is that the roles are reversed when it comes to the rapid aging part. In this show, it's the original that's rapidly aging and not the clone.

#47699 - 01/30/13 10:51 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Ah My Buddha

It was a fun romp, peppered with some excellent fanservice. The characters were likable, and they threw in the (naughty) OVA's. I loved the music and the character designs to boot.

#47720 - 01/31/13 03:06 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
So was most definately worth getting for 15 smackers?
I ask cause My gaze seems to wander towards it every now and then.
smirk

Page 317 of 600 < 1 2 ... 315 316 317 318 319 ... 599 600 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.