Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 145 of 600 < 1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 599 600 >
Topic Options
#28173 - 10/12/11 02:45 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Could you have been hearing "yoma" perhaps (Japanese for "demon" but sometimes "ghost")?

Advertisement
#28174 - 10/12/11 03:41 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Just finished Ghost Slayers Ayashi. Like I said, I just got the 3rd part of the series, since I had seen the first 2 all ready (and I used to own them). It's an odd show dealing with loads of monsters, I think I may have goofed in calling them "Yoei" (that's what it sounds like they are saying), I think it's supposed to be Yomi.
Yomi? He's from Xiaolin Showdown. I used to watch that all the time.

#28175 - 10/12/11 04:11 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Galaxy Angel Rune.

#28176 - 10/12/11 04:15 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I know I need a dictionary when it comes to all those terms for supernatural creatures. Somebody want to provide definitions?

bake - ghost(?)
bakemono - ghost thing, monster (?)
youkai - spirit (?)
yoma - demon
oni - ogre, devil (?)

Anyone care to add to the list?

#28177 - 10/12/11 04:25 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Minor tweak; bake I think should be "obake" but it might be one of those where the first vowel is nearly silent.

kappa - Water spirit/imp.
Tengu - A dog-specific category of youkai.
kami - God or minor deity.

#28178 - 10/12/11 07:09 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just finished Texhnolyze. If you took a big ol' slab of the confusion that is Elfen Lied, topped it off with a few pieces of the nihilism that is Ergo Proxy, slathered it in the WTF sauce that is Neo Ranga, sprinkled it with the bewilderment that is Rahxephon, and served it between two slices of the chaos that is Baccano; you'd still just have a sandwich in comparison to the veritable smorgasbord of stupefaction that is Texhnolyze.

Texhnolyze is either a haphazard mess, or pure genius; I'm not quite sure which.

#28179 - 10/12/11 07:10 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I guess I was hearing right, it's Yoi (there is a - over the o).

Yomi is the Japanese version of the Underworld.

#28181 - 10/12/11 07:20 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: EricDent]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Originally Posted By: EricDent
I guess I was hearing right, it's Yoi (there is a - over the o).

Baking powder? I don't think I've heard that particular term before so maybe it's specific to the show.

I just finished Night Raid - 1931. It was a nice show and the photography hook certainly resonated with me. The "extra" episode (not the second OAV episode) was inexplicable. It was a half-synopsis of the show, nothing more. Odd.

Now I can get back to the final disk of Ceres, Celestial Legend. Thus far it's been a soapish emo-fest and I don't anticipate the rest being any different. It's been an entertaining watch but I find that I'm still annoyed when the "nice guy" loses to the brooding "emo guy" (yet again).

Edited by Tsunami3k (10/12/11 07:21 PM)

#28182 - 10/12/11 07:30 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

When I looked it up it could mean several things...

implied meaning, good, nice, pleasant, OK, evening, early night hours.

That is why it's so darn tricky to translate Japanese into English...

#28198 - 10/13/11 05:03 PM Re: What was the last anime that you completed? [Re: Baby Naruto]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just finished Rideback, it was an OK show. Though not really my type of show. The Ridebacks were kinda cool looking, but did not seem really that awesome.

The story was pretty good, and the characters were interesting, but the overall plot/mood of the show was all over the place.

Maybe worth a rental (or Netflix) but not worth a purchase IMO.

Page 145 of 600 < 1 2 ... 143 144 145 146 147 ... 599 600 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.