Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#1404 - 07/04/08 09:13 PM Remastered TYLOR!
Alison Roberts Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Grimes, IA
Quote:
Remastered IRRESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN TYLOR

Nozomi Entertainment has plans to revisit another fan favorite from the Right Stuf catalog, with upcoming re-releases of THE IRRESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN TYLOR. The television series and OVAs (original video animation) each will be re-released as bilingual, thinpak-style box sets that utilize remastered video footage from the Japanese DVD release and feature “soft subtitles.”

As a service to fans who purchased the “Ultra Edition” versions of these releases, Right Stuf will offer a trade-in program, with details to be announced in the future.

Proclaimed one of the “50 best anime of all time” by Anime Insider, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor is based upon a series of novels by Hitoshi Yoshioka and features direction by Koichi Mashimo (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Noir, Sorcerer Hunters). The English dub stars Crispin Freeman as “Captain Justy Ueki Tylor,” Lisa Ortiz as “Azalyn,” Rachael Lillis as “Yuriko Star,” Carol Jacobanis as “Harumi Nakagawa,” David Brimmer as “Lt. Makato Yamamoto” and Veronica Taylor as “Shia Has.”

Visit www.tylor.com for information about The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and for details about the re-releases and trade-in program, as they are made available.

Advertisement
#1413 - 07/05/08 07:16 AM Re: Remastered TYLOR! [Re: Alison Roberts]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
this makes me sooo happy laugh

i never got a chance to buy Tylor the first time around so yay!

(i also pimped out all the new preorders on my lj)

#1426 - 07/05/08 09:21 AM Re: Remastered TYLOR! [Re: Alison Roberts]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Yes! I was planning to buy the series (Shawne talked me into it), but missed out on the Ultra set.

#1532 - 07/11/08 03:41 AM Re: Remastered TYLOR! [Re: Alison Roberts]
doublegravi Offline
UPSF Ensign

Originally Posted By: Alison Roberts
Quote:
Remastered IRRESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN TYLOR

As a service to fans who purchased the “Ultra Edition” versions of these releases, Right Stuf will offer a trade-in program, with details to be announced in the future.

I own TV Ultra and quite happy with it. The package and add-ons are gems among my collection. But I'm happy this great anime gets a re-mastered release. I was about to purchase OVA Ultra set which is still available at TRSI, but now you made me reconsider. I wonder if this new thinpak will be close to Ultra in sense of add-ons. Re-mastering is welcome but I do not know if I'm positive with it without all the bonuses Ultra set offers... Sure you will not speculate this info until close to release date though so it is still a win-and-lose situation with the last OVA Ultra sets being sold away now crazy

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.