Start Shopping! Cart
Topic Options
#1403 - 07/04/08 09:10 PM TOWARD THE TERRA Movie on DVD!
Alison Roberts Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Grimes, IA
Quote:
TOWARD THE TERRA Movie

In response to fan requests, Right Stuf and Nozomi announced the first-ever North American DVD release of the TOWARD THE TERRA movie. (Right Stuf had previously released the title on VHS and laserdisc.) This classic film adaptation of Keiko Takemiya’s ground-breaking, science-fiction manga was produced by Toei Animation and is a forerunner to the Toward the Terra TV series, soon-to-be released by Bandai Entertainment. Takemiya’s original manga, known as To Terra (Terra e…), is published for English-speaking audiences by Vertical, Inc. The new DVD release will feature Japanese audio and English-language subtitles.

The Toward the Terra movie depicts a future where mankind’s seemingly utopian society is strictly controlled by the government, which ruthlessly suppresses anything that threatens to disrupt the status quo. When 14-year-old Jomy begins to question the way the society is run, he suddenly becomes a target for both the government and the Mu, an outcast race that possesses extra-sensory abilities and has been fighting against the government for generations. Now, each group is determined to hunt him down – one to kill him and the other to save him.

Visit terra.rightstuf.com for more information about the Toward the Terra movie and to pre-order the DVD.

Advertisement
#1414 - 07/05/08 07:17 AM Re: TOWARD THE TERRA Movie on DVD! [Re: Alison Roberts]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
this makes me sooo happy laugh

way back when dvd was in its infantile stages and vhs ruled the world, i so wanted this anime but i never ended up having the opportunity/taking the time to order it. the original Toward the Terra movie has been on my dvd wish list 4ever it would seem, so thank you very much.

it's been a durn good birthday, indeed ^_^

#1449 - 07/06/08 03:07 PM Re: TOWARD THE TERRA Movie on DVD! [Re: Alison Roberts]
Konoha Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: USA
Oh awesome!!! Moar oldschool, moar!

I will certainly be buying this!

#1461 - 07/07/08 09:14 AM Re: TOWARD THE TERRA Movie on DVD! [Re: Konoha]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal
Originally Posted By: Konoha
Oh awesome!!! Moar oldschool, moar!
I will certainly be buying this!

ditto. bring on the old-school and classics of yore laugh

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.