Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1326 - 07/01/08 02:12 PM Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements!
Alison Roberts Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Grimes, IA
Quote:

The comingsoon.rightstuf.com site has reappeared and is now counting down to the announcements Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment will be making at Anime Expo 2008! Synchronize your watches, set your browser bookmarks, speculate in the forums and follow us on Twitter!

Just to recap: The last two times comingsoon.rightstuf.com was live, we announced Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteru) and Aria. Last Anime Expo, we announced Emma: A Victorian Romance. What do you think Dark Lord Kleckner has in store for us this year?

Well... what do you think? grin

Advertisement
#1327 - 07/01/08 02:57 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: Alison Roberts]
The Great Bear Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Neo Venezia
Looks like a treasure map.

But is there gold under the X?

=P

#1328 - 07/01/08 04:04 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: The Great Bear]
LoStSouLs Offline

Loc: Texas
hmmmmm. Hopefully it is what i think it is. But if not im sure it'll be something great anyways. As Rightstuf always delivers quality series.

#1330 - 07/01/08 04:53 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: Alison Roberts]
poehitman Offline
UPSF Ensign

So far I've been underwhelmed with the licensing announcements. I'll watch Emma but I won't be rushing out to buy it. I prefer hetero romance animes and so far the only ones that I like from RightStuf have been To Heart and, to a lesser degree, Emma.

I'm still waiting for a company to license Da Capo and Da Capo ~ Second Season. They've just finished up the FOURTH series in Japan (Da Capo II ~ Second Season) and NONE have been licensed as of yet. I can't think of (off the top of my head) another series with 4 or more incarnations that has yet to have at least ONE of them licensed.

#1331 - 07/01/08 04:56 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: poehitman]
poehitman Offline
UPSF Ensign

And what, no hints?

#1333 - 07/01/08 06:30 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: poehitman]
something Offline

Originally Posted By: poehitman
So far I've been underwhelmed with the licensing announcements. I'll watch Emma but I won't be rushing out to buy it. I prefer hetero romance animes and so far the only ones that I like from RightStuf have been To Heart and, to a lesser degree, Emma.

There is absolutely no requirement to be into "yuri" to enjoy Marimite. It stands completely on its own as a melodrama with a good dose of humor.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for a company to license Da Capo and Da Capo ~ Second Season. They've just finished up the FOURTH series in Japan (Da Capo II ~ Second Season) and NONE have been licensed as of yet.

If only...

Anyway, I like all of the shows you've mentioned. And I LOVE Aria, so you really ought to check that out (the price is certainly friendly enough). If you like the relaxing pace of Emma and To Heart, Aria takes it a step farther. Extremely worthwhile, and after I finished Origination, it's just simply one of my favorite franchises.

As for this license (or two, going by the comments in the weekly special threads) I have no idea. But god I wish it were the 4th so I could find out.

#1334 - 07/01/08 06:31 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: Alison Roberts]
icepick314 Offline
UPSF Ensign

i thought it was One Piece but that's not right...

i hope it's another slice of life series...and one of the newer ones like Sketchbook or even Strawberry Marshmallow OAVs...

#1335 - 07/01/08 07:27 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: icepick314]
long time lurker Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: through the looking glass
I know the chances of this are extremely small. But every time I read this line "A new Paradise with this title, finished and waiting for materials..." I can't help but think of paradise kiss and the possibility of a rescue. I personally have no idea how popular this title was or if it was even finished but I can't help but do it.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

#1336 - 07/01/08 07:39 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: long time lurker]
poehitman Offline
UPSF Ensign

Wasn't Paradise Kiss completely released when licensed?

#1337 - 07/01/08 07:40 PM Re: Count Down to Right Stuf & Nozomi's Anime Expo Announcements! [Re: poehitman]
long time lurker Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: through the looking glass
no clue, I only know the name. I have never seen any of it or hear much talked about it.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.