Start Shopping! Cart
Page 296 of 1017 < 1 2 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 1016 1017 >
Topic Options
#21375 - 02/21/11 11:33 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
Watching "Miami Guns". At first glance it seems like a poor man's "You're Under Arrest", but I like the character of Yao; she's funny and over the top enough to keep my interest up (so far).

Advertisement
#21378 - 02/22/11 11:52 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: CheechMonger]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I watched Black Heaven over the weekend. While the premise is silly, I actually wound up enjoying the series. Primarily, the main character's personality is what drew me in. I wasn't paying attention when I inserted the discs, and I made the mistake of watching the fourth disc first, but as it turned out, it was pretty good that way. As long as you watch the shows in circular order, it doesn't really matter where you start. lol

After that, I watched the first disc or two of The Story Of Saiunkoku (Season 1). So far, I like it a lot. While I don't go out of my way try to make comparisons while watching anime, Saiunkoku has a way of inviting them.

At first, I expected another Fushigi Yugi type story, but this series doesn't involve the supernatural, which came as a relief. Even though I like FY, I really wasn't in the mood for magical beings. So, it started to seem more like a royal version of Rurouni Kenshin, given the dynamics among the female lead and the two male leads. But, it's not really as action-oriented as that series (and the swords are jian, not katana). It's more like Fruits Basket, in which you have a female lead who's heart is naturally pure and she inspires everyone else (for the most part, intelligent, accomplished male characters) to want to be better human beings. The scope of Saiunkoku is much larger though, and now that the first story arc has concluded, I'm curious to see where the series goes.

While many of the male character are unrealistically beautiful (duh - anime), most of their behaviors seem to be more realistic than in other shows of this genre. Some of them have personality quirks typical of anime characters, but they still put their responsibilities first and don't spaz-out during inappropriate situations, which is refreshing. There's an amazing amount of yaoi potential here (think Kyo Kara Maoh! x2), but so far, it's all been for the tease-factor, which is appropriate for the plot.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, there's Taifu-So, one of the Grand Officials, who's a man among boys. His physical appearance is hyper-masculine in contrast to the other male characters. When he's on the screen, I don't think of potential yaoi match-ups; I think of responsibility, obligation, honor, duty, swords, spears, battle tactics, fortifications, and organized warfare in general. He's so different, it almost seems that he's wandered into the wrong anime. But, the contrast works very well, in the context of the story.

I can't say much about the plot without it being a spoiler (although I'm probably the only one here who hasn't yet seen it), but it's rather interesting, so far.

#21379 - 02/22/11 11:53 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: CheechMonger]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: CheechMonger
Watching "Miami Guns".

Cute series!

#21381 - 02/22/11 01:38 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: Stefanie]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Got one disc left for Godannar which i'm re-watching and finding that the second time through doesn't help find anything that i might have missed the first time through (really didn't expect to). Still find this one to be just an 'OK' watch.

Also cracked open the first part of Dirty Pair. All i gotta say is it was well worth the wait!

#21382 - 02/22/11 02:50 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: BobD]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
I finished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom last week and I've been taking a breather from anime. However, I should be starting up Kelaido Star some time this week (recently bought season 2). It's been a long time since I've seen season 1, so I think I need a refresher before jumping into season 2.

As for Phantom, it was a great series until the last few seconds of the show. The creators pretty much stuck up their middle finger at me. Those that liked Noir and Madlax will enjoy this one (from the same team). However, be prepared for a bitter ending.

Edited by joelgundam01 (02/22/11 02:52 PM)

#21387 - 02/23/11 03:50 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Hey baldylox,

I go to a site called Gendou to get the opening/closing themes for anime. It is free (you can donate $ to help support). They have a solo version of the Moonlight Sway song on the BECK anime.

It is the Japanese version though. It would be kind of cool if somehow they could get the English versions of the songs (especially Slip Out), cause the Japanese versions are rather Engrishy.

Anyhow, I am now watching Ai Yori Aoshi & Scrapped Princess (could not pick between them). I am staying a couple of days at my parents house when they are out of town (again) so I will probably be kind of active on the internet.

#21391 - 02/24/11 07:03 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

I am still on my Dragonball Marathon it has been three days now and i am at episode 94 of regular Dragonball.
I got the Uncut versions of the entire show and i got to tell you i have seen more kid Goku wang than anyone should ever see.

Also i watched Maburaho and it was pretty good it kinda reminded me of Shuffle with more magic and comedy than Shuffle.
The story of Maburaho was no were near Shuffles story.
Maburaho's story never really got deep or kinda dark like Shuffle did but it was an OK watch for a good laugh.
If you couldn't tell i really enjoyed the story to Shuffle it had me guessing through the whole thing.

#21395 - 02/25/11 06:27 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Dragonball Marathon 4th day i am 124 episodes into the show i do believe my brain is now a pile of mush and my power level has increased ten fold.

I am hoping some of my other orders get her soon so i can kinda watch them to cut the edge off my Dragonball high.

Edited by manga4micah (02/25/11 06:27 AM)

#21396 - 02/25/11 08:42 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I dug out El Hazard-The Alternative World and am rewatching it for the nth time.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#21419 - 03/01/11 10:18 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm still watching The Story Of Saiunkoku (Season 1), a couple of episodes at a time. The next story arc is about to start ([color:#FFFFFF]Shurei's first important job as an official). So far, so good.[/color]

Page 296 of 1017 < 1 2 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 1016 1017 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.