Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#11944 - 07/20/09 11:33 PM Gundam - Series/Episode Question
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I just caught the last part of a show on SyFy (stupid new name for the SciFi network), and I didn't get the title. It was on between 10:30 and 11:00 P.M. my time (which is 11:30-12:00 Midnight, Eastern D.T.). The SyFy online schedule indicates that it's "GUNDAM SEASON 2" and the episode is "PURE DISTORTION." Can anyone confirm this?

There was a character in a red dress holding a firearm (very feminine appearance, even for anime, but with a clearly male voice) who eventually jumped out of a window. Anyway, that outfit reminded me a lot of Kai's in E's Otherwise, during his two "covert" missions.

So, 1) is this Gundam? 2) is that character transsexual, or just in diguise? 3) can someone give me a quick synopsis of what was going on? I saw about thirty seconds of it.

Thanks much, in advance! smile

Edited by Stefanie (07/21/09 09:05 AM)
Edit Reason: I added "Gundam" to the subject line.

Advertisement
#11976 - 07/21/09 12:10 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
There was a character in a red dress holding a firearm (very feminine appearance, even for anime, but with a clearly male voice) who eventually jumped out of a window. Anyway, that outfit reminded me a lot of Kai's in E's Otherwise, during his two "covert" missions.

So, 1) is this Gundam? 2) is that character transsexual, or just in disguise? 3) can someone give me a quick synopsis of what was going on? I saw about thirty seconds of it.

LOL! You tuned in on one of those unique moments, that can look so odd. laugh

1.) Yes!
2.) No, he's in disguise.
3.) It's a long story and it's going to be a major spoiler if I go into detail. Let's just say that Tieria (the guy in disguise) is trying to confirm some information that he received.

#11981 - 07/21/09 01:13 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I live for the odd moments in anime. lol But yes, that was a rather unique scene to happen upon while surfing. smile

Thanks for the verification. I tried researching Gundam (completely unfamiliar territory) a little bit last night, but I can't make heads or tails of the seasons/versions that are out there, and there seem to be about 400,000 episodes. Do you know which specific disc or set that particular episode is in?

By the way, feel free to post spoilers if you're in the mood. That might be the only way I'll get enough info to risk buying anything. I'm the type of person who reads the last chapter of a novel first, anyway.

#11983 - 07/21/09 01:47 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
If it's Gundam 00 season 2, it hasn't been released yet. Bandai just released the first part (9 episodes) of season 1 this week, with the second part coming out next month or early September I think (haven't honestly looked.) So, season 2 may still be a while before it gets released on DVD.

Gundam isn't too tough if you realize that most of the major series each take place in their own timeline/universe.

Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, G Gundam, and some others I'm sure I'm missing are all completely self-contained stories in their own timelines.

The UC timeline (the original series timeline) has all kinds of shorter (and longer) series and movies placed in it and can be confusing (08th MS Team, 0080, 0083, Char's Counterattack, etc.)

My point being, basically, you can safely ignore most Gundam stuff if you only care about one particular show (in this case Gundam 00) and you won't come into it missing half the story.

#11986 - 07/21/09 03:39 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Do you know which specific disc or set that particular episode is in?

This is Gundam 00 and so far only Season 1 part 1 (9 episodes) is available on DVD. Part 2 comes out in September.

Quote:
By the way, feel free to post spoilers if you're in the mood. That might be the only way I'll get enough info to risk buying anything. I'm the type of person who reads the last chapter of a novel first, anyway.

It would be pretty complicated for me to explain, since Tieria is just one entity in the whole picture and we're just starting to learn about his character in that episode.

Click to reveal..
I'll say this much though. He isn't human, that's for sure. He is known as a "Innovator" and appears to be heavily involved with the conflict.

#12004 - 07/22/09 07:27 AM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: GreenGel
My point being, basically, you can safely ignore most Gundam stuff if you only care about one particular show (in this case Gundam 00) and you won't come into it missing half the story.

*bows* Thank you (da botha youz). That helps a lot. smile

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Click to reveal..
I'll say this much though. He isn't human, that's for sure. He is known as a "Innovator" and appears to be heavily involved with the conflict.

Click to reveal..
O.K., that makes sense. A woman with the same type of weapon came in the room and chased him off (then he jumped out of the window). Someone said something about "another innovator," so that's what they meant. Now I'm curious about the innovators. It's like peeling an onion. lol Thanks.

#12010 - 07/22/09 11:18 AM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Hey Stefanie, just to let you know. You can watch the first season on Bandai's YouTube channel (25 episodes dubbed and 9 episodes subbed). If you want to get an idea on what the series is like.

BTW, the episode you were watching was episode 33 (or episode 8 of season 2).

Edited by joelgundam01 (07/22/09 11:21 AM)

#12015 - 07/22/09 02:20 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: joelgundam01]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Nice! I'll definitely watch the first few episodes and see whether I get hooked. Thanks again. laugh

#13178 - 09/11/09 02:01 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Bandai Ent. Pushes Release Date for Gundam 00 Season 1, Pt. 2

I think I've cursed this series by daring to express a possible interest in buying it. frown

#13180 - 09/11/09 02:07 PM Re: Gundam - Series/Episode Question [Re: Stefanie]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Bandai Ent. Pushes Release Date for Gundam 00 Season 1, Pt. 2

I think I've cursed this series by daring to express a possible interest in buying it. frown

Don't worry about the date change since it happens often, also it's a Bandai title that does have a dub.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.