Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11316 - 06/29/09 04:46 PM Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP!
Alison Roberts Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Grimes, IA
From the front page:

Quote:

Here's a quick rundown of what we have going on over the convention weekend. We hope to see you there and here on the forums! (Be sure to say "Hi!" to Dark Lord Kleckner!)*

Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Industry Panel
Day 1: Thursday, July 2 at 5 p.m. PDT / Location: LP1 (LACC Petree Hall)

Join Right Stuf President and C.E.O. Shawne Kleckner for the inside scoop on Nozomi Entertainment’s DVD releases of Gakuen Alice, remastered Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Rental Magica, plus a sneak peek at its newest acquisitions and a Q&A session.

Keynote Speech: Shawne Kleckner, President & C.E.O. of Right Stuf, Inc.
SPJA Industry Conference – Closed to Public (Media & Industry Only)
Day 2: Friday, July 3 at 11:30 a.m. PDT / Location: LP3 (LACC Rm. 411)

Right Stuf President and C.E.O. Shawne Kleckner examines the current state of the North American anime industry from two perspectives – as a publisher and as a retailer.

Right Stuf’s Nozomi Entertainment Premieres:
Convention Premiere of GAKUEN ALICE, plus IRRESPONSIBLE CAPTAIN TYLOR Remastered
Day 3: Saturday, July 4 at 5 p.m. PDT / Location: LP2 (LACC Rm. 502)

Preview Gakuen Alice at its first official convention screening, and check out Nozomi’s recent remastered release of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Screenings! Lots of Screenings!
See the Anime Expo video schedule for updated times/locations.

Watch out for the following titles from Right Stuf’s Nozomi Entertainment: ARIA The ANIMATION, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Lost Universe, Maria Watches Over Us (Maria-sama ga Miteru), Ninja Nonsense, The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye, To Heart and Toward the Terra Movie (Toei Presents).

* Visit www.rightstuf.com and the Anime Today forums at www.animetoday.com , and follow Right Stuf and Nozomi on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/animetoday ) for breaking news throughout the convention weekend!

Advertisement
#11322 - 06/29/09 04:57 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: Alison Roberts]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I didn't even realize that Gakuen Alice was an anime. I thought it was a manga title only.

#11428 - 07/01/09 04:07 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: Stefanie]
Chrisc Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Massachusetts
I hope you licensed something I would want to buy, and gave it a dub. The only thing I own from rightstuf is To Heart.

#11442 - 07/02/09 03:50 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: Chrisc]
poehitman Offline
UPSF Ensign

Yeah, I'm not holding out too much hope for this. RightStuf is almost exclusively switched to sub-only releases, which are essentially glorified fansubs. I refuse to ever buy a sub-only release.

The part about this that's even worse is that by licensing it and only releasing a sub-only release, they are ruining any chance of a dub and screwing dub fans over. Honestly I'd feel better if they DIDN'T license anything and just go away.

Edited by poehitman (07/02/09 03:52 PM)

#11447 - 07/02/09 07:22 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: poehitman]
poehitman Offline
UPSF Ensign

Junjo Romantica? You wanted us to get excited about a YAOI/SHOUNEN AI series?

Man I don't think I could be more letdown.

Though I suppose it's a blessing in disguise. If you're busy releasing glorified fansubs of yaoi titles, the chances for a dub on other series' are still safe.

Edited by poehitman (07/02/09 07:23 PM)

#11448 - 07/02/09 07:55 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: poehitman]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Arietta is a nice addition. I've had my experimental fling with sub-only releases and plan to divert the bulk of my attention back to dubbed releases but I'm pretty much sold on anything Aria (even if its success stings a bit from hollow vindication in my long-standing suspicion that it could have been dubbed profitably).

#11453 - 07/02/09 08:45 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: poehitman]
Richard Harms Offline

UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Please be polite here, we saw your comments last year, and this year. We know many fans feel very strongly about dub-only releases. We welcome conversation about our releases here, but please, keep it constructive.

#11454 - 07/02/09 10:41 PM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: Richard Harms]
banshee196 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Thank you, thank you, thank you for licensing Junjo Romantica! I plan to preorder when it's available.

#11457 - 07/03/09 04:28 AM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: banshee196]
Jasmine Offline
UPSF Ensign

Thank you for licensing Junjou Romantica! I can't wait till the dub comes out! Please work hard on it, make it a great dub! It's well worth it! laugh

Good luck! ^_^

Edited by Jasmine (07/03/09 04:46 AM)

#11460 - 07/03/09 07:24 AM Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment at Anime Expo 2009 - Schedule Now UP! [Re: poehitman]
radioactive28 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Just saw your post from last year's AX, and realised that replacing all occurences of 'dubs' with 'DVD extras' (and vice versa) would be a perfect description of where I'm coming from.

With the current situation where extras are already rare (thanks a lot, FUNi frown ) and even dubs are endangered, I presume the different companies are looking at the sales numbers/demographics for each series, and deciding where best to allocate the expenses.

I'm just thankful they're all doing whatever they have to in order to continue bring in new licenses, whether or not I'm interested.

By the way, thanks for completing ARIA smile

Edited by radioactive28 (07/03/09 07:25 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.